Title: Marketing Director
Department: Creative Services
Reports To: General Manager
FLSA: Salary, Exempt
Status: Full-time (40+ hours per week)
Purpose: The Marketing Director is responsible for conceptualizing and implementing promotion/marketing campaigns for all stations. Serves as an integral, active part of the company’s management team.
Deadline to apply: Friday, July 20 at 5 p.m.
* Bachelor Degree in communications, marketing or advertising preferred.
* Broadcast management experience preferred
* Experience as a television promotion producer required
* A high-energy, creative-minded person able to meet deadlines and work positively with other departments to successfully promote all network affiliate stations.
* Planning of promotion campaigns (on-air and off), promotion production schedule, and promotional events is integral to the position.
* Copywriting, video editing, and media placement skills critical.
* Must be able to represent stations in public in a positive and professional manner.
* Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
* Videography and lighting skills helpful.
* Experienced with digital and social media marketing.
* Ability to communicate effectively is required.
* Must represent company with professionalism and integrity.
* Requires strong leadership skills.
* Must have excellent problem solving skills, be highly organized, detail oriented, very conscientious and able to effectively lead by example.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and deadlines.
* Ability to get along with others and communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, yet committed to team environment.
* Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
* Conceptualize and implement promotion/marketing campaigns for local affiliate stations.
* Oversee production of station news image, TSR, topical, social media, programming, event promotion, as well as sales promotion and client advertising.
* Serves on internal teams formed to develop station-sponsored programs and projects, plan and coordinate station-sponsored events.
* Writes press releases as well as writes and edits Public Service Announcements as needed.
* Provides assistance to non-profit organizations on how to work with the media.
* Script on-air commercials.
* Oversee promotion of local programming, both on and off air.
* Creatively promote local station with image, programming, and sales promotion ideas.
* Web maintenance as needed.
* Responsible for supervising promotions producers.
* Responsible for the graphic look of all stations and brand maintenance/continuity.
* Responsible for purchasing all outside media.
* Prepares departmental budget for both revenue and expenses.
* Performs other duties as may be assigned.
* Sitting for extended periods of time required
* Ability to lift and carry 10 – 25 lbs. for short distances.
* While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
* Work is performed in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to atmospheric conditions may be encountered.
* Must hold a valid Missouri driver’s license and be insurable.
To Apply: www.gray.tv/applynow
KYTV is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
All job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen and an acceptable driving record for driving positions.
This job description does not necessarily contain all of the actual or essential duties of this position.