Title: Community Relations Manager
Department: Creative Services
Reports To: Marketing Director
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Status: Full-time (40+ hours per week)
Purpose: The Promotions/Public Service Producer is responsible for producing multimedia station promotion and public service campaigns and helps plan and implement station and community events. Position will write scripts and social media posts, shoot and edit video, and design and implement graphics. Works with Marketing Director to facilitate company participation in community relations programs and activities.
Deadline to apply: Wednesday, August 8th, at 5 pm
* Bachelor degree with a major in speech communication, public affairs or marketing preferred, or equivalent experience.
* Two years public relations, event planning or broadcast promotions.
* Community involvement and knowledge preferred.
* Ability to organize and follow through on details required
* Communicate effectively in writing and public speaking.
* Knowledge of local community not-for-profit agencies and local government representatives.
* Ability to work with a variety of personalities; maintain a professional appearance and to represent KY3, Inc. in a professional manner.
* Proficient videography and lighting skills.
* Experienced video editor (Adobe CC).
* Expertise with social media marketing techniques and analytics.
* Knowledge of media placement and Wide Orbit software helpful.
* Ability to be physically mobile and carry up to 25 pounds.
* Requires strong leadership skills.
* Assist with other projects as required and assigned.
* Performs other duties as may be assigned by General Manager
* Directs community program initiatives for stations by representing station on various community boards.
* Develops and promotes station community projects.
* Serves on internal teams formed to develop station-sponsored programs and projects, plan and coordinate station-sponsored events.
* Provides assistance to non-for-profit organizations on how to work with the media.
* Writes, produces and edits PSA’s and station promos.
* Works with News department to identify projects that link news with community projects. Communicate community issues to management team.
* Writes press releases as well as write and edit Public Service Announcements as needed.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
* Must have excellent problem solving skills, be highly organized, detail oriented, very conscientious and able to effectively lead by example.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and deadlines.
* Ability to get along with others and communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, yet committed to team environment.
* Must maintain a high level of confidentiality
* Required to sit for long periods of time
* Ability to lift and carry 10 – 50 lbs. for short distances.
* While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
* Work is performed in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to atmospheric conditions may be encountered.
* Must hold a valid Missouri driver’s license and be insurable.
To Apply: www.gray.tv/applynow