Unattended space heater sparks house fire in Republic

By  | 

REPUBLIC, Mo. (KY3) An unattended space heater sparked a fire at a home in Republic, according to firefighters.

Crews were called to the home in the 500 block of N. Cedarwood Ave. Wednesday night for reports of a fire in a back bedroom. Firefighters contained the home to the back bedroom. Nobody was at home at time of the fire. The fire did moderate damage to the upstairs. The basement has water damage.

Firefighters were called back to the home around 1:00 a.m. Thursday after neighbors reported that the fire had rekindled. Nobody was injured.

The staff of the Republic Fire Department reminds you to use caution when using space heaters. Make sure you have adequate clearance between a space heater and all combustible products.

Read the original version of this article at www.ky3.com.