SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) Fire crews say construction equipment is to blame for sparking a small fire that forced the evacuation of the Walmart Supercenter at 3315 S. Campbell early Friday.
Firefighters were called to the store around 2:30 a.m. after workers reported the fire coming from a grocery aisle where a construction crew was working. A store associate was able to quickly extinguish the flames before fire crews arrived on scene.
The store was evacuated by management and there were no reports of any injuries.
The store is back open. The area where the fire happened remains closed.