SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3/KSPR) - Medical Explorers offers young adults the chance to see if a career in the health care industry is right for them. Registration for the next chance to participate is going on now.
The program is open to students ages 15 to 20, and gives them the opportunity to shadow and interact with providers across the field. Students shadow shifts in various areas of Cox South, including Pediatric Urgent Care, Surgery, Radiology and nursing units. Monthly meetings also introduce students to a variety of health topics, such as air care, emergency services and nursing.
The upcoming summer session is unique in that students will be able to do rotations during daytime hours. If accepted, their membership in the Medical Explorers program will be good for one year.
Requirements are listed below.
- Registration form
- Permission form (ages 15-17 only)
- Background screening authorization form (ages 18+ only)
- Copy of current grade record demonstrating a minimum C+ GPA from an accredited school program
- Letter of recommendation from a counselor, teacher, coach, principal, etc. (not a relative)
- Complete immunization record
- Registration fee
The registration deadline for the Springfield Medical Explorers Summer 2019 Program is 4:00 p.m., March 29, 2019.
The registration deadline for the Branson Medical Explorers Fall 2019 Program is 4:00 p.m., September 19, 2019.