KSPR Girls Basketball Power Rankings - Week 7
(Teams are ranked by the KSPR Sports Department based on their relative strength to class size. Overall dominance, strength of schedule, quality wins, and momentum are factors in determining the order. Stats and details are based on information submitted by coaches. Feel free to email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org)
(Last week in parenthesis)
1. Glendale (1) – The Lady Falcons stayed red hot with 20+ point wins over Waynesville and Central. A pair of big matchups await this week; Monday night at West Plains and Wednesday at Republic.
2. Ozark (2) – The Lady Tigers kept the good times rolling with comfortable wins over 3 solid teams last week; 48-35 over Kickapoo, 51-40 over class 5 3rd ranked Blue Springs, and 47-32 over St. Joe Benton. The schedule looks favorable going forward leading up to the February 13th Christian County Clash at Nixa.
3. Seymour (4) – The Lady Tigers remained undefeated with solid wins over Fordland and Pleasant Hope. The biggest test of the season comes Monday night at class 2 2nd ranked Sparta in a game featuring 1 total loss.
4. Walnut Grove (3) – The Lady Tigers don’t just win, it seems like they win by 50 most of the time; 78-27 over Humansville last week.
5. Sparta (8) – All is good in “Trojanland”. Coach Songer’s squad picked up wins over Strafford and Chadwick to improve to 18-1. As mentioned above, a HUGE matchup is coming Monday night hosting undefeated Seymour.
6. West Plains (5) – The Lady Zizzers cruised to a championship at the Reeds Spring Tournament, including a little payback for an earlier season loss against Ava in the final. The question I have is why is a solid class 5 team playing in a predominantly class 3 tournament? Big test coming up Monday night hosting Glendale.
7. Eminence (7) – The Lady Redwings improved to 16-1 last week with wins over Alton and Couch to capture the Big Springs Tournament championship. All-state senior Kelsey Williams was in last week’s KSPR Prep Showcase.
8. Republic (6) – The Lady Tigers picked up easy wins over St. James and Rogersville last week. Wednesday night will be another major measuring stick as RepMo hosts Glendale.
9. Purdy (10) – A quiet but successful week for the Lady Eagles beating Jasper 68-38 led by another 31 point performance from senior Addy Roller.
10. Weaubleau (11) – The Lady Tigers improved to 14-2 on the season after doubling up Lakeland 60-30.
11. Nixa (12) – The Lady Eagles struggled offensively in the 2nd half, but ultimately pulled out a 15 point win at Willard. Carthage and Neosho are on this week’s slate.
12. Skyline (NR) – The Lady Tigers beat Buffalo early in the week before a huge 63-45 win over Stockton led by Hannah Wisdom’s 33 point effort.
13. Fordland (9) – The Lady Eagles took a bit of setback in Summit Conference action dropping a 63-49 contest at Seymour.
14. Catholic (NR) – The Lady Irish are getting healthy and hot at just the right time. Whitney Lucas returned from injury, scoring 21 points in a 55-51 win over class 5 Willard. They could be a tough out come district time.
15. Ash Grove (13) – The Lady Pirates picked up a 55-45 win over Strafford last week.
Dropped out: Clever, Stockton
Knocking on the door: Kickapoo, Ava, Fair Play, Bolivar, Mt Vernon, Liberal, Thayer, Marionville, Crane, Branson, Rolla, Aurora