Central Washington University has posted a list of emergency services it is providing to Cle Elem residents affected by the Taylor Bridge wildfire.
Here is a list of the services the university is assisting residents with:
- Emergency Housing: CWU Conference Program: 509-963-1141
- FISH Community Food Bank: 301 West 2nd Ave., Ellensburg 509-925-5990
- Emergency Animal Care services are available at the Taylor Bridge Fire Animal Recovery and you can share information about lost and found animals on its Facebook page.
- Kittitas County Fair Grounds are offering boarding for displaced livestock. They are located at 512 North Poplar St. Contact: Vicki J. Strickland at 509-607-9288.
- The Washington Cattleman's Association is offering space in their parking lot and offices. The group is also working on securing a grazing area for people who have lost grazing sites due to the fire. 1301 North Dollar Way, 509-925-9872.
- For fire suppression information, contact the Department of Natural Resources at 509-925-8510.
- The United Way has set up a resource network for those affected by the fire. If you have been affected, call 211.
Here are ways to donate:
- Cash donations: By Mail, The Kittitas County Red Cross 312 N. Pearl St., Ellensburg, Wash., 98926
- CWU Foundation has set up a special account to collect online donations to the Red Cross here
- Clothing and household items can be donated at the Holiday Inn Express, 1620 S. Canyon Rd., Ellensburg 509-962-9400; Udderly Espresso, Bi-Mart and the West Ellensburg Conoco (across from Perkins). In Cle Elum donations will be accepted at Sahaptin Outfitters, 509-315-6276.
- Wildland Firefighter Foundation (208) 336-2996, 2049 Airport Way, Boise ID 83705 http://www.wffoundation.org
- Red Cross (509) 925-5866. Accepting financial contributions only
- Cle Elum Eagles Club (509) 674-238 Accepting clothing at Clothing Store locations: 118 E 1st Street , Cle Elum WA 98922 and 220 Pennsylvania Ave., Cle Elum WA 98922
- Cle Elum Hope Source (509) 925-1448. Accepting non-perishable food and pet food at: 110 N Pennsylvania Avenue, Cle Elum, WA 98922
- ARRF Animal Rescue (509) 304-4805 Accepting pet food and pet supply donations, carriers and livestock hauling Monetary donation can be made online at http://www.arrfanimalrescue.org/
- Ellensburg Chamber of Commerce (509) 925-2002 Accepting financial and general donations, clothing and non-perishable food at: 609 N Main, Ellensburg, WA 98926 (corner of 7th and Main)
- Washington Cattlemen’s Association (509) 925-9877 Accepting financial donations, feed and fencing supplies at: 1301 N. Dolarway, Ellensburg, WA 98926