1. Get used to the word zerrissenheit. It means a state of disjointedness, and it's the new normal for most of us. At least you can feel fancy because it's German.
2. If the school year, new babysitter or karate class gets off to a rocky start, don't totally stress out about it. Instead, think of the improvement that can be made by the end of the year.
3. Independence is a wonderful thing. For everyone. So is together time. Make sure you have a healthy dose of both.
4. If your child falls asleep occasionally without brushing her teeth, don't wake her; baby teeth do eventually fall out.
5. Remember: clogging lessons are not in the best interest of the child.
6. Teach your children to make their own breakfast -- and allow enough time so they can do it without pressure.
7. Never stifle a generous inclination.
8. Answer the question: What is the worst thing that can happen if your kids sleep in their clothes?
9. You never have to go to obnoxious kid-themed restaurants. Ever.
10. Just throw away the poopy underwear.