Today's produce aisle is filled with amazing things. Test your food smarts with this quiz.
--Tribune reporters Judy Hevrdejs, Bill Hageman, Bill Daley and Barbara Mahany contributed to this quiz.
1. Ancient Greeks knew it as "the fruit of the gods."
2. A colorful vegetable that's related to the beet.
A. Swiss chard
D. Bok choy
3. It's not a lumpy, bumpy, frumpy unripe Bartlett pear.
B. Green bell pepper
C. Green tomato
4. It looks like a super-plump sorta-fuzzy beige pea pod -- or a super size edamame pod.
5. This ancient Roman aphrodisiac (what wasn't?) has a peppery bite.
6. According to Jewish tradition, each one of these contains 613 seeds.
D. Dragon fruit
7. Its pearly white color and sideways growth is why the name refers to a mollusk.
C. Crab apple
D. Oyster mushroom
8. This member of the gooseberry family (hence the papery covering) calls Mexico its home.
B. Ground cherry
D. Cherry tomato
9. Firm, crisp, lightly sweet, this food's skin is so delicate vendors often wrap it.
A. Asian pear
B. Mandarin orange