Here's the recipe for a new pie for your next gathering at Thanksgiving.
1 1/4 cup vanilla wafers,crushed
5 tbsp butter
5 tbsp sugar
4 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
1 1/4cup sugar
3 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 30ounce can of Libbys easy pumpkin pie mix
1.Heat oven to 325 degrees
2. In a small bowl, combine crust ingredients and mix well
3. Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan
4. Bake crust for 10 minutes then remove and set aside
1. Reduce oven to 300 degrees
2. In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese, sugar, flour and canned pumpkin pie mix with an electric mixer (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks).
3. Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined.
4. Pour the filling into the pan with the crust. Drop into the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
5. Bake for 1 hour. Turn off heat and leave in oven with door closed for 30 minutes or until set.
6. Remove from oven and chill.