SPRINGFIELD, Mo. Crusted pumpkin wedges with chipotle cream
1 1/2 pounds’ pumpkin or squash
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
3 tablespoons dried white breadcrumbs
6 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
2 ½ teaspoons finely chopped thyme
Grated zest of 2 large lemons
2 cloves garlic
Salt and white pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon pureed chipotle (canned)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Cut the pumpkin into 3/8-inch-thick slices and lay them flat, cut-side down, on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
2. Mix together in a small bowl the Parmesan, breadcrumbs, parsley, thyme, half the lemon zest, the garlic, a tiny amount of salt and some pepper.
3. Brush the pumpkin generously with olive oil and sprinkle with the crust mix, making sure the slices are covered with a nice, thick coating. Gently pat the mix down a little.
4. Place the pan in the oven and roast for about 30 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender: stick a little knife in one wedge to make sure it has softened and is cooked through. If the topping starts to darken too much during cooking, cover loosely with foil.
5. Mix the sour cream with the chipotle and some salt and pepper. Serve the wedges warm, sprinkled with the remaining lemon zest, with the sour cream on the side.